Lifestyle: Buying furniture & finding investment pieces

It's less than a week until my moving date, and I swear all that I can think about is interior design and home decor. Granted, the apartment we've found is furnished, so I'm pretty limited with what I can do and how much of my own stuff I can bring in. But with the landlord having agreed to clear the two bedrooms, I do have a whole bedroom and office to plan! And so I'm left with the conundrum of what type of furniture do we buy.

My current bedroom sent is almost solely made up of pieces from Ikea and random bits I've found in TK Maxx. On the whole, it's good quality, reasonably priced and it's served me well. But now we're faced with the blank space of the office, and with the plan of saving towards a mortgage for the next 12-18 months, I'm thinking it could be a good idea to start focusing on investment pieces. Whether it's a design piece of furniture (like something from Viaduct) or an antique furniture, I'm now wondering if we should be buying pieces to last. Rather than pieces that are going to get old and tatty in no time at all!
The prospect of buying a house in the not so distant future has made me think that now could be a good time to start being more careful in how we curate the things we own. Not just furniture but clothes, trinkets, everything! When it comes to my wardrobe, I'm already starting to look to invest in key items, rather than splurge on cheaper, throwaway fashion that I'll be sick of in a few months. So I guess it makes sense to start doing it with the rest of my life!

Images via Pinterest.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Raspberry Kitsch - a North East Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Design Created by pipdig