Fashion: The budget holiday edit with Holiday Gems

With holiday season fast approaching and my next trip a month away, I'm in serious need of a wardrobe overhaul! You know when it gets to that time of year where the weather changes and all of a sudden you hate everything you own? Yeah, that. But as much as I'd like to go and splurge in my favourite highstreet shops, I'm still sort of in saving mode. Plus with an imminent house move (and all those agency fees looming over my head), I know I'm definitely not in a position to indulge my treat yo self tendency! As much as I'd really like to. So when Holiday Gems set me the challenge of picking up some holiday essentials with a budget of only £50, it seemed like the perfect time to put my thrifting to the test. With only a £50 Love2Shop voucher to play around with, I thought I'd get a little creative with their retailer list and choose items from places I wouldn't usually look before.
Dress: Peacocks, Steve Madden Sunglasses: TK Maxx, Nars Eyeliner: TJ Hughes, Nude mules: Shoezone, Suncream: Boots.

Simple sundress that works for day or nighttime? Check. (And only £17.60 from Peacocks!) Nude mules that will work with any outfit. Check. Not to mention a cute new pair of designer sunnies that don't break the bank! And since I don't tend to wear much makeup when I'm travelling, I used the rest of my budget on eyeliner (which is an absolute steal from TJ Hughes - who knew they stocked Nars??) and suncream, of course! Granted, it's not a total overhaul, but with a couple new versatile pieces, I'm feeling better about my wardrobe already.

Post has been written in collaboration with Holiday Gems.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Raspberry Kitsch - a North East Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Design Created by pipdig