Lifestyle: Finding a new way to celebrate Valentines Day



When it comes to Valentines Day, I'm conflicted. I've never really been one to buy into Valentines Day. Why? Because I've never really seen the point. In the past, I've always been critical of why anyone would need a day to show someone they love them. Surely you should be doing that anyway? And last year's post about Valentines Day was very different from this one. But finding myself in a pretty serious relationship, this year it feels like I'm eating my words. I guess I am starting to appreciate it as a day to show your loved ones how much you care.

That isn't to say that I'm going to be going all out with heart balloons and teddy bears. Or spend a fortune on chocolates and V-Day trinkets. But sure, this year I probably will be buying a card and maybe a bottle of something special. Luckily for me, I don't have to spend time worrying what to get (although there are some pretty helpful gift guides on what to buy for Valentines Day out there for anyone who is stuck... But if I was buying something, I'd definitely recommend a little Instax Mini or something!).

That's because this year, I'll be spending Valentines Day out in Santa Marta, about to head into Colombian jungle. And that's surely present enough? Instead of going all out on gifts, we've bought some new polaroid film for my camera and we're off to have an adventure instead. I mean, we'll probably grab a bottle of champagne in the Duty Free too... but you know, why not?


1 comment

  1. Ahh what a lovely post! I'm so envious that you'll be heading into the jungle - that sounds like it'll be an amazing trip. I'm expecting a butt-ton of posts and pictures when you get back. My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over 4 years now, and V-Day is not that big of a deal to us anymore. As we both work a lot, we just view it as a day to really be present in the time that we do get to spend together - if that makes sense? We're thinking about having a bit of a pamper night, followed by a takeaway and film while cosied up on the sofa (I still think the jungle sounds cool though!)

    Olivia - The Northernist x

    ReplyDelete

© Raspberry Kitsch - a North East Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Design Created by pipdig