m is for matte

IMG_2286
Having spotted matte nails all over the blogosphere, I was very intrigued to try out the trend when I spotted Rimmel's Pro Matte Finish in Boots the other day. The colour I'm wearing in the photo is one coat of Topshop's Big Smoke with one coat of the Matte Finish on top. And I have to say I was very impressed by how well it stayed on. I've found although I love the colours, the Topshop nail polishes chip very easily without a topcoat. However, when the Matte Finish is applied as a topcoat, it makes the polish a lot more chip resistant. Good for serial nail-chippers/biters like me!

Yesterday I was having one of those days where nothing seemed to be going right, so after spending an hour and a half at ballet, I decided the best thing that I could have for my dinner was pick & mix. Go figure.

14 comments

  1. Very pretty, I love the matte finish, and it's a great color :)

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely color and a really great blog.
    xoxo m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute colour! I have no idea where I have been because I have never heard of matte nail polish. I will have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that color! I'm definitely going to have to try that Rimmel Matte finish. Looks so cool! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowowowo! beautiful grey! :D

    xx

    www.sikbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered your blog and love the look and name of it! Also have a love for Topshop nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love matte nails! Following x

    CHECKOUT MY ASOS GIVEAWAY :)
    www.satinandsouffles.blogspot.com

    {Satin&Souffles}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this couleur!
    http://patchwork-wall.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of a matte polish but I didn't know where to buy one from, so thanks for the heads up, I will try rimmel. xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore matte colors! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

© Raspberry Kitsch - a North East Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Design Created by pipdig