Stylish Moments: Wish You Were Here

In the hope of trying to get into a regular pattern with my blogging and to avoid sporadic posting, I decided I wanted to try out a regular feature or two. Hence, Stylish Moments was born as a regular post that will feature brilliant fashion moments from some of favourite films.

vlcsnap-2012-04-17-13h13m06s32


vlcsnap-2012-04-17-13h12m13s18


vlcsnap-2012-04-17-13h14m40s208




vlcsnap-2012-04-17-17h25m00s139



vlcsnap-2012-04-17-17h29m03s10


vlcsnap-2012-04-17-17h32m14s132



vlcsnap-2012-04-17-17h36m03s106


vlcsnap-2012-04-17-17h39m25s92


vlcsnap-2012-04-17-17h40m44s98


vlcsnap-2012-04-17-17h41m45s208


vlcsnap-2012-04-17-17h46m40s79


Chunky knit cardigans, floral midi skirts, retro dresses, white sandals, red heels, seamed stockings and round hat box shaped handbags. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I only watched this little gem a few days ago. Wish You Were Here is a poignant, hilarious coming-of-age film set in the 50s. I think the only thing I loved more than the fashion, was the film's lovable troublemaker, Lynda (played by Emily Lloyd). She is an amazingly strong and endearing character, maybe for the simple fact that throughout the film you see her make the kind of mistakes any girl could while growing up in the strict, judgmental postwar era. I don't want to give too much away about the ending.. which is why the screenshot of her final outfit, an amazing canary yellow dress with little white gloves and matching white belt, is not a full length one! If you haven't already seen it, I'd definitely recommend you rent it.

9 comments

  1. I haven't seen this movie, I should check it out. Love that yellow dress in the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never seen this before!
    hope to watch it soon!
    it looks like a real good old style movie!
    sweet italian kisses

    Syriously in Fashion
    Official Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS FILM! I have seen it so many times lol! I always remember her lines like 'here puss puss puss' and 'up your bum' lol! I really like your blog, it would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be embarrassed. I haven't seen this movie, but after seeing the pictures of your post, it's clear that I have to. I don't know anything about the plot, but the art direction is awesome, I love the colors and the photography.

    I'll try to see it and I'll tell you my opinion. Thanks for sharing this.

    xxx

    www.daretodiy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pics! I have not seen the movie either :)Happy Thursday xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks too cute! Loving the fashion! I need to check it out!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this movie, but these screenshots DEFINITELY make want to watch it! Is she flashing her underwear at those guys?!? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I was a little kid, I thought seams on the back of tights were the ULTIMATE in ladylike, sophisticated, sexiness! I've not heard of this movie either, but I'm going to hunt for it at the indie video shop around the corner this weekend!

    x Catherine @ The Spring

    http://www.thespringblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea for a feature Hannah! I've never seen this film, but it looks like I should! Also can I just say how much I am LOVING your new blog design - nice work lady xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Raspberry Kitsch - a North East Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Design Created by pipdig